The Federation of Degenerac is a huge, safe nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 611 million Degeneracians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Degeneracian economy, worth 13.0 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 21,358 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, light entertainment shows are light on actual entertainment, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas, and populations of two-headed cobras have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Degenerac's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The Republic of Ecologiania.
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Bobesville-Sholstine.
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Kaltea.
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The Republic of Pom Lunce.
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The Progressive Republic of Yondoria.
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Michis.
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The United Socialist Barangays of Nangka.
- : Following new legislation in Degenerac, populations of two-headed cobras have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites.
- : Following new legislation in Degenerac, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas.
- : Degenerac was endorsed by The United States of New Filippe.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Sylh Alanor, Floofybit, Araine, Melenavenia, Typica, Grayk San, Narwhal, Liphia, Tiralta, Fel Vudos, Pangeodrea, Vikoland, The Land Named Bob, The Star Enpire, Junitaki-cho, Remnants of the Pacific, Nekhuser-Ra, Tovenia, Duneraven, Golden gateway, Northern Endo, Far Anoglinlan, Mystyn, Crialdenna, Vandermeer, Delta Vega IV, Brazileand, Aephony, Adawu, Applemarsh, Ladita, Porthosia, Inaros OPA, New Filippe, Nangka, Michis, Yondoria, Kaltea, Bobesville-Sholstine, and Ecologiania.