|Animal||wesley the bucket|
The Republic of Deford is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its frequent executions and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 842 million Defordians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Public Transport. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42.1%.
The Defordian economy, worth 38.9 trillion Defordians a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 46,180 Defordians, with the richest citizens earning 6.4 times as much as the poorest.
There are no minimum wage laws, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Leader, and attempted suicide is punishable by public hanging. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deford's national animal is the wesley the bucket.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Deford's influence in The Arabic Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Deford's influence in The Arabic Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Republic of Leafed appointed Deford as Grand Vizier with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Arabic Alliance.
- : Deford relocated from Balder to The Arabic Alliance.
- : Deford was refounded in Balder.
- : Deford ceased to exist in Allied States of the New Europe Union.
- : Deford's influence in Allied States of the New Europe Union fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Deford's influence in Allied States of the New Europe Union rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Deford's influence in Allied States of the New Europe Union rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Deford's influence in Allied States of the New Europe Union rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".