|Leader||President Benjamin Claude|
The Emeraudian Republic of Deblar is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Benjamin Claude with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, national health service, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.823 billion Emeraudians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port-au-Grégoire. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Deblarian economy, worth 365 trillion Arucian shillings a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 129,569 Arucian shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
President Benjamin Claude is strangely popular with male politicians' wives, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, and elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Arucian shilling mansions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deblar's national animal is the Long-tailed Parakeet, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Deblar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Deblar changed its national capital to "Port-au-Grégoire", its currency to "Arucian shilling", its demonym to "Emeraudian", its leader to "President Benjamin Claude", and its motto to "Vers la prospérité".
- : Deblar's influence in Kylaris rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Electrum".
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "LEO Force Restrictions"".
- : Deblar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork and Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Reventus Koth"".
Endorsements Received: None.