The Republic of Dayganistan is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Hafez Zahir with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, public floggings, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.493 billion Dayganis are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khanabad. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23.6%.
The all-consuming Dayganistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,155 trillion Dayganis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 121,767 Dayganis, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 401,293 per year while the poor average 27,665, a ratio of 14.5 to 1.
The government's foreign policy statements are less threatening than a World Assembly cease-and-desist letter, from the highest mountain to the deepest cave - one can always count on finding a good cell signal in Dayganistan, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper, and it is against the rules of boxing to hit above or below the belt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dayganistan's national animal is the Daygani Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dayganistan banned The Join Lily of Switz got Lazy 243 from Storage region 1111111.
- : Dayganistan banned The Kingdom of Charlie T Wilbury Jr from Storage region 1111111.
- : Dayganistan password-protected Storage region 1111111.
- : Dayganistan updated the World Factbook entry in Storage region 1111111.
- : Dayganistan abolished the regional flag of Storage region 1111111.
- : Dayganistan's influence in Storage region 1111111 rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Dayganistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Dayganistan's influence in Storage region 1111111 fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Dayganistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Dayganistan published "Dayganistan General Overview" (Factbook: Overview).