The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, pith helmet sales, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 27.031 billion Dauershireans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Public Transport, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 5,935 trillion euros a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 219,585 euros, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 665,722 per year while the poor average 56,322, a ratio of 11.8 to 1.
With increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof, organ donation is compulsory, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, and cheese has become the new icon of political dissent. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Federation of Andalussia.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Federation of Andalussia.
- : Dauershire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 5% for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, Dauershireans refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Alsted, Jenesia, Tigyland, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, The Seven Provinces, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, New Decius, Troltovia, Woschia, Neue Deutsche Republik, Durrenmoss, Fossekallen, Alpinovia, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Cha0sNation, GeneralStalin, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Umeria, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Slavorussia, DGAF No-2, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Evka, Einswenn, Dark Matter, Green Counties, Wessex and Cornwall, Romaian, Jamoea, Oena and Sandy Island, Templar Republic, Imperialistic Capitalist Hungary, Poulaka, Biscaria, and 31 others.Ostroban, Popaholick, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Hretva, Regnum Italiae, Dorsendo, Comune di Milano, Marssel, Sinclairtown, Atlantian Isles, EuropeAutonomic NeuroComputationalSystem, Wilheim, Snori Islands, Greifenburg, Kirostan, United Republics of Earth, Lavenor, Sienkahn, Galway-Dublin, Supcotia, Brandon, Duny Auntichet, Siokania, Greater Dragunovia, Triscuitoon, Free Imperial States, Ere, Atenburgh, Raeeka, Freedom And Fill In The Blank, and Andalussia.