The Grand Duchy of Dauershire is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 26.502 billion Dauershireans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. Income tax is unheard of.
The thriving Dauershirean economy, worth a remarkable 5,333 trillion euros a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 201,244 euros, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, and Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dauershire's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Dauershire endorsed The Federation of United Republics of Earth.
- : Dauershire was endorsed by The Federation of United Republics of Earth.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million euros of property damage.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, loans are available for students from poor families.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Dauershire, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Alsted, Jenesia, Tigyland, Nuweland, Stromia, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, The Seven Provinces, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Lieges, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, The Fair Republic, New Decius, Troltovia, Woschia, Neue Deutsche Republik, Durrenmoss, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Newmere, Alpinovia, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Cha0sNation, GeneralStalin, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Umeria, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Slavorussia, Union of the North, Silvecia, DGAF No-2, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Evka, Einswenn, Dark Matter, Myrenia, Stiernmark, Wolvory, Green Counties, and 35 others.Wessex and Cornwall, Romaian, Jamoea, Alevistan, Oena and Sandy Island, Templar Republic, New Brussland, Sjaellandskane, Imperialistic Capitalist Hungary, Poulaka, Biscaria, Ostroban, Popaholick, Katanislandas, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Hretva, Lenkonia, Regnum Italiae, Dorsendo, Comune di Milano, Marssel, Sinclairtown, Pileusia, Atlantian Isles, Scull, EuropeAutonomic NeuroComputationalSystem, Wilheim, Segundo Estado Novo, Snori Islands, Greifenburg, Ritz, Kirostan, Surry, Aquilega, and United Republics of Earth.