The Confederation of Darmen is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Provisional President Rowland McNab with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, devout population of 10.383 billion Darmenis are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scott City. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The all-consuming Darmeni economy, worth a remarkable 1,490 trillion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 143,517 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials across Darmen are being "encouraged" to adopt German Shepards to set an example for the populace, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and notable individuals are granted land and titles. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darmen's national animal is the German Shepard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Darmen's influence in Rushmore rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Darmen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Anarchestan".
- : Darmen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Darmen changed its national faith to "Christianity".
- : Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Darmen endorsed The United Federation of Eura.
- : Darmen changed its national leader to "Provisional President Rowland McNab".
- : Darmen changed its national leader to "Provisional President".
- : Darmen altered its national flag.
Endorsements Received: None.