The Republic of Darlaw is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 214 million Darlawiis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 19.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Darlawian economy, worth 13.3 trillion Hosh Poshes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 62,027 Hosh Poshes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, and the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth. Crime is almost non-existent. Darlaw's national animal is the Zebra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Darlaw's influence in United Coalition rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Darlaw was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Darlaw relocated from Osiris to United Coalition.
- : Darlaw changed its national motto to "I is here".
- : Darlaw was refounded in Osiris.
- : Darlaw ceased to exist in United Coalition.
- : Darlaw's influence in United Coalition rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Darlaw, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Darlaw, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Darlaw's influence in United Coalition rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".