The United Provinces of Darkmania is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Clare Jügir with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, avant-garde cinema, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.342 billion Darkmanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Örkendrem. The average income tax rate is 78.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Darkmanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,290 trillion Darkmanian Danks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 124,817 Darkmanian Danks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, write-in candidate 'Clare Jügir Sucks' is perennially popular, and the weather is the nation's most risqué topic of conversation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darkmania's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Darkmanian Catholism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Darkmania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Darkmania was endorsed by The United States of South Batoko.
- : Darkmania was endorsed by The Republic of Wazekia.
- : Darkmania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Darkmania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Darkmania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Darkmania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Darkmania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Darkmania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Darkmania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".