|Leader||the Supreme Emperor|
|Faith||the Imperial Cult|
The Galactic Imperium Invictum of Darkium is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Supreme Emperor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 19.748 billion Darkians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dawn's City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Darkiumian economy, worth a remarkable 9,543 trillion DSCS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 483,279 DSCS, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darkium's national animal is the Imperial Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Imperial Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them.
- : Darkium endorsed The Republic of The Torrentin.
- : Darkium was endorsed by The Republic of The Torrentin.
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid.
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
- : Following new legislation in Darkium, the Forestry Department has decided you really can't fight fire with fire.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Aflana, Varotium, Aleckandor, Treadwellia, Courlany, Bobs raider puppet, Captain Apollo, Wintermoot III, Aaecilia, Nargorthia, Aigania, Pherttsylvania, Ni Hon, Malayas, Harmoneia, Marcellinople, Saundie, Emperor PJ, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Erudite Individuals, Claraxia, Rangers Brotherhood, Aegis-5, Dhan, Praenestia, Arkanik, Zelso, New Rogernomics, Imkiville, Margandy, Wishper, Tiegenhof, Aguaria Major, Edranian Land, Common Agreement Nation, Calicate, Kaskardia, Brandinia, Marionetonia, Killer Kitty, Gaia and Pomona, Yamany, Scani, Ensci, Sireco, Americastrailia, Medai, Loftegen 2, Custadia, Leonism, and 15 others.The Rin Mang, Your Imaginary Friend, Hycronesia, RadRoachInc, Caybow, Fluffiness, Coning, Sombrassino, Seatlantis, SunnyPhiladelphia, Kan Po, Sophisica, Makdon, The Pharcyde, and The Torrentin.