The Republic of Dardevatan is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 1.366 billion Dardevatanians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 35.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Dardevatanian economy, worth 30.8 trillion rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 22,535 rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The population's jaw muscles put sharks to shame. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dardevatan's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dardevatan's influence in Gm19 rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Dardevatan's influence in Gm19 rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Dardevatan's influence in Gm19 rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Dardevatan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Dardevatan's influence in Gm19 rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Dardevatan relocated from Devide by Zero to Gm19.
- : Dardevatan endorsed The Republic of Beans on Toast 15.
- : Dardevatan was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Dardevatan applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Dardevatan relocated from The Kindly Barracks of the Soup Legion to Devide by Zero.