The Democratic Republic of Daophi is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Daoapin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, free-roaming dinosaurs, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.593 billion Daophians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Defense, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deppo. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Daophian economy, worth 387 trillion Labor Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 149,475 Labor Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, passengers often cause a stink on public transport, and pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Daophi's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Marxism-Leninism-Maoism-Daophism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Daophi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Daophi was endorsed by The Socialist Republic of Greater Vietnam.
- : Following new legislation in Daophi, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
- : Daophi endorsed The Confederated Communes of Proletaire.
- : Daophi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Daophi, passengers often cause a stink on public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Daophi, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Daophi, the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience.
- : Daophi was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Daophi, posters on 'Daophian Values' advise against being proud of Daophi.