The Socialist State of Danorcona is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Streustead Ivanov ||| with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.259 billion Danorconan Citizens are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Streustead. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Danorconan economy, worth 136 trillion Star Credits a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,199 Star Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Danorcona's national animal is the Danorcona Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Danorcona was endorsed by The Kingdom of New-El.
- : Danorcona was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Midds Conia.
- : Following new legislation in Danorcona, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods.
- : Danorcona was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Danorcona, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Following new legislation in Danorcona, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason.
- : Following new legislation in Danorcona, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- : Following new legislation in Danorcona, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Danorcona, major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason.
- : Following new legislation in Danorcona, cheating spouses are required to undergo job training.
Endorsements Received: 113 » Shin-Hachioji, HMS Unicorn, Notyoutopia, Great Bights Mum, Lavanania, Selfgradatude, South Grand Mountain, Yaorozu, Kaschovia, Diodone, Bharathvarsh, Pallaith, Sunto, Marsh Castle, McMasterdonia, Kingdom of Space, Holy Oranz, Coemgen, Kwaj, Plembobria, Walist, Friently, Zemnaya Svoboda, Siwale, Forunte, Kelvaros Prime, Prevaland, Anima Proxa, Zedeya, Sheppey, The The Bierands, Sil Dorsett, Beowulfe, Shadowrik, Aenglaland, Yukti, AdyLand, The Utopian Movement, New Chilokver, Sankami, Buckerino, Ausmercia, Che Sana Und, Republic of Dixie, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Reannia, Articune, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Clintonburge, Malta Comino Gozo, and 63 others.Seven Hills, WE Empire, Cuyan, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, PlanetPunk, The Iron Lions, Aldelaria, Stareogratia, Bayern-Straubing, Blurds, Mouxordia, Aerilia, Pakistan 001, Maestros haven, Zandir Antari, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Territorio di Nessuno, Anna Lisa, Horsley Land, American MapleStory, Slaughterhouse Nine, Tredano, Deropia, General COE, Gellandia, Xentherida, Coppicia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Beodarasc, Vogonlandia, Corfad, Fawkenia, Thenaca, Lionia, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Phillywob, Qactana, Panama Coalition, Unsophisticate, Sanjurika, Weehay, Wodan, Ice and Tinian, Aroa, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Rockym, Wineclaw, Xinchao, Necromonia, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Morrn, Yukkira, Victoriaans Nederlands, Velow, The Bastion Isles, ABC, Midds Conia, and New-El.