The United Republic of Damverland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Cregar Williams with a fair hand, and notable for its enslaved workforce, free-roaming dinosaurs, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.163 billion Damverlanders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centralia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 62.3%.
The Damverlandian economy, worth 368 trillion Lents a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 51,472 Lents, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 162,812 per year while the poor average 12,419, a ratio of 13.1 to 1.
Third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop, children need to wear helmets and safety harnesses before mounting a carousel horse, and government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Damverland's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Damverland's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Damverland's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Damverland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Damverland's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Damverland's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Damverland altered its national flag.
- : Damverland's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Damverland was refounded in Balder.
- : Damverland ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Damverland's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".