|Leader||Paulo Souza Ferreira|
The Republic of Dalbergia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Paulo Souza Ferreira with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 1.073 billion Dalbergians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gaston. The average income tax rate is 15.0%.
The sizeable but inefficient Dalbergian economy, worth 49.8 trillion Chips a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 46,453 Chips, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
The entire entry for Dalbergia in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', Paulo Souza Ferreira has just been declared ruler of Dalbergia in an international press conference, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers. Crime is relatively low. Dalbergia's national animal is the Monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dalbergia's influence in Evergreen Conifer rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Dalbergia's influence in Evergreen Conifer rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Dalbergia relocated from The Rejected Realms to Evergreen Conifer.
- : Dalbergia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dalbergia relocated from Conifer to The Rejected Realms.
- : Dalbergia was ejected from Conifer by The Nation-Sized Disco Party of Funky Goats.
- : Following new legislation in Dalbergia, the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers.
- : Dalbergia's influence in Conifer rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Dalbergia, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Dalbergia changed its national leader to "Paulo Souza Ferreira".