The Free Land of Dakini is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful population of 32.914 billion Dakinites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 78.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Dakinite economy, worth a remarkable 2,885 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,668 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All-natural foods are becoming a major fad, the government is avowedly atheist, sex changes are routinely performed at Dakini's hospitals, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime is totally unknown. Dakini's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dakini's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Dakini's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dakini's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Dakini's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dakini altered its national flag.
- : Dakini was refounded in Balder.
- : Dakini ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Dakini was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Dakini was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Dakini was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.