|Leader||Peppe VII of Daimonia|
The Great Empire of Daimonia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Peppe VII of Daimonia with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical population of 1.923 billion Daimonians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eudaimonia. The average income tax rate is 71.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Daimonian economy, worth 214 trillion Daimons a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 111,351 Daimons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps", houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, and the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Daimonia's national animal is the Silver Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Daimonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Daimonia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Churumduul.
- : Daimonia was endorsed by The Free State of Sesteran.
- : Daimonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Daimonia was endorsed by The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Daimonia's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Daimonia was endorsed by The Drunken Irish Nation of Drugged Monkeys.
- : Daimonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Daimonia, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Following new legislation in Daimonia, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Daimonia, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps".
Endorsements Received: 47 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Erinor, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, The Filippinas, Quiescent, Tsunamy, Aidenfieeld, The Solar System Scope, Saciu, Xandev, Kroumos, Maletora, Awjan, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Concrete Slab, Luddinlande, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Havenfell, Midand, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Jaxon, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Academy of Umbrellas, Jehenna, Jahass, Barabarom, United Weshickstine, Republic Clovakh, The Dragon Enclave, Keidran Union, Wyatonians, Ostanasia, Akindom, Tsvetania, Crystal Creation, Choodox, United States of Vietnam, Farengeto, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Agalaesia, Sesteran, and Churumduul.