The Innie Bellybutton of Dagat Uragan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ari'i with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 1.303 billion mga Uragan enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Motu. The average income tax rate is 40.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Dagat Uragan economy, worth 154 trillion Sand Grains a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 118,802 Sand Grains, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Official Sermon-Free Zones are set-up around the nation's hotels, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, Motu has become the number one destination for urban exploration in The North Pacific, and grumbling early morning commuters bemoan having to travel to work in the dark. Crime is totally unknown. Dagat Uragan's national animal is the animal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Te Oro Atua.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dagat Uragan was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Midds Conia.
- : Dagat Uragan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of United States of Panthalassa.
- : Following new legislation in Dagat Uragan, grumbling early morning commuters bemoan having to travel to work in the dark.
- : Following new legislation in Dagat Uragan, Motu has become the number one destination for urban exploration in The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Dagat Uragan, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Dagat Uragan, official Sermon-Free Zones are set-up around the nation's hotels.
- : Dagat Uragan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Language Act".
- : Following new legislation in Dagat Uragan, government popup ads are springing up like weeds.
- : Following new legislation in Dagat Uragan, matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold.
- : Following new legislation in Dagat Uragan, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
Endorsements Received: 117 » Shin-Hachioji, Yaorozu, Amerian States, Notyoutopia, Great Bights Mum, Shadowrik, Kwaj, Lavanania, Kingdom of Space, Bharathvarsh, South Grand Mountain, American MapleStory, Pallaith, Selfgradatude, Siwale, Holy Oranz, Kaschovia, New Pleasant Hill, Diodone, Hong Kong Empire, Coemgen, Reannia, Anima Proxa, Zedeya, Sunto, Forunte, Friently, Sil Dorsett, McMasterdonia, Yukti, ABC, Marsh Castle, Sheppey, Plembobria, Maestros haven, Necromonia, HMS Unicorn, Zemnaya Svoboda, Kelvaros Prime, Prevaland, Fawkenia, Beowulfe, Colony of lasting Hopes, Aenglaland, AdyLand, Dedtropolis, The Utopian Movement, New Chilokver, Sankami, Buckerino, and 67 others.Canne Douthstan, Ausmercia, Che Sana Und, Republic of Dixie, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Sailence, Articune, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Clintonburge, Vogonlandia, New Lakemba, Malta Comino Gozo, Seven Hills, WE Empire, Cuyan, Tel Qual, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, PlanetPunk, The Iron Lions, Stareogratia, Mouxordia, Aerilia, Pakistan 001, Zandir Antari, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Territorio di Nessuno, Horsley Land, Slaughterhouse Nine, Tredano, Deropia, General COE, Gellandia, Xentherida, Coppicia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Beodarasc, Thenaca, Lionia, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Phillywob, Yaris, Panama Coalition, Unsophisticate, Sanjurika, Corfad, Weehay, Ice and Tinian, Wodan, The The Bierands, Aroa, Rockym, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Morrn, Yukkira, Victoriaans Nederlands, Velow, Xystopia, New Godastrada, United States of Panthalassa, and Midds Conia.