The Republic of Cyprisia is a large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 92 million Cyprisians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Cyprisian economy, worth 3.07 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 33,327 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, public projects are synonymous with yawn-inducing conformity, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Cyprisian grocery store, and drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cyprisia's national animal is the cyprisian eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Cyprisian grocery store.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, public projects are synonymous with yawn-inducing conformity.
- : Cyprisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, tourists are denied entry because of a distant relative married to a Lilliputian.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, it's rare to find an unchewed pencil.
- : Cyprisia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Debtor Voting Rights"".
- : Cyprisia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Imperium Anglorum"".
Endorsements Received: 25 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The National Corporation, Beepee, Quiescent, Bawkie, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Tsunamy, Luddinlande, The Solar System Scope, Revellan, Techganet, Volaworand, Farengeto, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, Towi Lamia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Oskyelion, United States of Vietnam, Awjan, Solondor, and Noveos.