The Republic of Cyprisia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 471 million Cyprisians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlita. The average income tax rate is 69.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Cyprisian economy, worth 21.8 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 46,260 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, and libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cyprisia's national animal is the cyprisian eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cyprisia was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of Maletora.
- : Cyprisia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Cyprisia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Otaku Trash.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Cyprisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Cyprisia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
Endorsements Received: 41 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The National Corporation, Beepee, Quiescent, Bawkie, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Tsunamy, Luddinlande, The Solar System Scope, Techganet, Volaworand, Farengeto, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, Towi Lamia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Oskyelion, United States of Vietnam, Awjan, Noveos, Aumeltopia, Transcostria, Linguiniland, Wild Space, Stoinia, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Grouu, Outlast Colorado, Kroumos, Sedunn, Midand, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Birdkeeper, Otaku Trash, and Maletora.