The Democratic Republic of Curiovastum is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, digital currency, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 385 million Curiovastumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prime City. The average income tax rate is 30.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Curiovastumian economy, worth 30.1 trillion Torns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,060 Torns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and Curiovastumian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Curiovastum's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Curiovastum was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Psychological Care.
- : Curiovastum was endorsed by The Republic of Andinla.
- : Curiovastum was endorsed by The Mighty Building Material of Concrete Slab.
- : Following new legislation in Curiovastum, Curiovastumian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Curiovastum, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Curiovastum, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Curiovastum was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Curiovastum, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Curiovastum was endorsed by The Midaic Republic of Midand.
- : Curiovastum was endorsed by The Cantankerous Curmudgeon of Belschaft.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Qvait, Abarri, Holy Free, Amerion, Anserisa, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hutington, Aidenfieeld, Mapico, PenguinPies, Roterdamia, Bleakfoot, Crystal Creation, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Bawkie, Aumeltopia, Land Without Shrimp, Tsunamy, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Madreia, The Filippinas, Xandev, Kringalia, Farengeto, Rabbitz, Hanguk-Nippon, Eggraria, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Beepee, Merevane, Marinho Islands, Gnofnordclancedenilland, Starsight, Shefino, NganXuan, Springhollow, Compli, The Worst army of, Auphelia, Kandorith, Melicorium, Nova Kobol, New Ancapland, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, Corgitopiaa, ChickenDome, West Pastafaria, and 14 others.Well F, United States of Vietnam, Tepertopia, Sandaoguo, New Briantown, Purple Hyacinth, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Kedjens, Belschaft, Midand, Concrete Slab, and Andinla.