The Free Land of Cumidava is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 563 million Cumidavans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Buridava. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 47.7%.
The powerhouse Cumidavan economy, worth 62.0 trillion Kosons a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 110,194 Kosons, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 321,454 per year while the poor average 29,848, a ratio of 10.8 to 1.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise, and former planespotters are dusting off long-abandoned anoraks. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Cumidava's national animal is the Barbarian, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, former planespotters are dusting off long-abandoned anoraks.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape.
- : Cumidava endorsed The WP Guardian Nation of BIteland.
- : Cumidava was endorsed by The WP Guardian Nation of BIteland.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, thieves are flogged in public for their crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Cumidava, a paperwork error has naval privateers being directed to attack land-locked nations.
- : Cumidava endorsed The Federal Republic of The Vergville.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Wickedly evil people, Bran Astor, Eskaton, Chitra, The Unified Missourtama States, San Mazer, Recuecn, Fujai, Durtoss, Mediobogdum, Anuubis, Liberillia, New Belia, Fuentana, Nieubasria, Numpties, Marshalia, Bhang Bhang Duc, Common Good, DiscGolfLand, Holmani, Pandaland III, Westwind, Pandaland II, United Taterville, Eleftherios venizelos, Greater Lavenia, Europity, Fallen Iron Duke, Papercuts and Skittles, Cro Magnon, San Diego Islands, Qapaq Suyu, Giovanniland, Sirulinuck, Emark, Samueliebox, Dilber, Gracelantia, Al-Amanah, Fhaengshia, Hamburg Neo, Arvladma, The Vergville, and BIteland.