The Oppressed Peoples of Cryland is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen Sadness with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 1.027 billion Crylandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Disappointment City. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Crylandian economy, worth 108 trillion Tears a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 105,242 Tears, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The parliament building has installed a revolving door, autopsies often involve only cursory examination, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Crylandian satellites can detect it, and many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cryland's national animal is the Blobfish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Crylandian satellites can detect it.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, the parliament building has installed a revolving door.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, even religious militants can be swayed by the power of #love.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, photos of picturesque coastal buildings are set against a backdrop of smokestacks and ship hulls.
- : Following new legislation in Cryland, clergy never mention brand names for fear of losing their government subsidies.
Endorsements Received: 67 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Bran Astor, Bhang Bhang Duc, DiscGolfLand, Liberillia, Divina Patriae, Torkvale, Barcocoland, Westwind, Fujai, The Free States of Gotham, The 9 Stars, Kisovec, Acropylae, The United Republic of Westend, Mathematania, Archonina, WyEast, Common Good, Gryphonian Alliance, Wickedly evil people, Kittenlicious, Glorious Existence, Oometz, Papercuts and Skittles, Isle Royale, Pandaland II, Dalimbar, Otaran, Pandaland III, Podium, Utsang, Doggerstan, Cro Magnon, Meedvheyt, Avadon, Ilmecith, The Father-Land, Greynne, Shaqolandia, Greg Tucker, Numpties, Champaign, Win Mints, Great Sheriffdom, Marshalia, Fanega, Kevzera, Fallgriffin, New Velka, and 17 others.Alchera, Teralyon, Islamic Jerusalem, Wyndward, Toberkuibac, North Sylar, Yy4u, Crazy Waters, AtlanticStates, Giovanniland, Sensorland, Darkesia, Yungtopia, Ferroia, Atheist States of Philippines, Tropical Isles, and Varanius.