The United Socialist States of Crustand is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 986 million Crustandians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91.2%.
The powerhouse Crustandian economy, worth 145 trillion cubits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 147,066 cubits, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, immigrant Maxtopians are routinely sold on popular internet auction sites, voting is compulsory, and colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Crustand's national animal is the dinosaur, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Crustand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Crustand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Crustand, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Crustand, voting is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Crustand, immigrant Maxtopians are routinely sold on popular internet auction sites.
- : Crustand was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Crustand, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Crustand, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments.
- : Following new legislation in Crustand, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Crustand, police wait behind troop deployments in order to shoot deserters.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Ephros, Grod Island, Kavagrad, Philippine Marxist Government, Silverfish37, Antinios, Nangka, Nepacton Murt, Llorens, Fizzopolis, Rorlenland, Transcommunist Republics, Dyl, Anarchocommunists of the World, Kawany, Roma Norte, New Volica, New Arkados, Sylvlakia, Socialist New Britain, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Soviet Catgirls, Argentigrad, Sword Lesbians, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, The Iron-Blooded Ones, Anioniotopia, Socialist Great Picardy, Picuros, Asturies-Llion, Kaamapoori, Claiomha, Slackertown, Ghillemear, Soviet Angola, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Zaratov, Vire Easay, Bisht, and Delegations.