The Constitutional Monarchy of Craiglang is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Counsellor McVitty with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.287 billion Decrepit Auld Bastards hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Administration are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jenny's. The average income tax rate is 47.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Craiglangian economy, worth 97.9 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 76,044 Pound Sterlings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, cheap textbooks have replaced coasters at college ragers, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food, and open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Craiglang's national animal is the Cane Toad, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Craiglang's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost.
- : Craiglang was endorsed by The Republic of Littolyo.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, cheap textbooks have replaced coasters at college ragers.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, billions of Pound Sterlings are spent to take high-quality photos of the Cane Toad Nebula.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Craiglang changed its national leader to "Counsellor McVitty".
- : Craiglang was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Miklania, Nhoor, Ostehaar, Almorea, Athara Magarat, Linaviar, Dothrakia, Murab, Aruia, Aizcona, Biaten, Shadolio, Frencin, Dragao do Mar, Corindia, Townside, Solaryia, Keomora, Sewochia, Flatwood, Dragon Blade, Stapolka, Northern Scandinavian Islands, Thromsa, Khoreshis, and Littolyo.