The United States of Crab is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its national health service, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 477 million Crabians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dungeness City. The average income tax rate is 31.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Crabian economy, worth 36.6 trillion Hermits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,811 Hermits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, and a historic rise in the minimum wage has crushed the economy with inflation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Crab's national animal is the Crab, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Crab's influence in The Republic of Shellfish rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Crab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Crab, a historic rise in the minimum wage has crushed the economy with inflation.
- : Following new legislation in Crab, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Crab, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Crab became WA Delegate of The Republic of Shellfish.
- : Crab's influence in The Republic of Shellfish rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Crab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Crab was endorsed by The Armed Republic of United Nations of Lobster.
- : Following new legislation in Crab, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
Endorsements Received: 1 » United Nations of Lobster.