|Leader||Governor Joshua B Thomas|
The Republic of Courelli is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Governor Joshua B Thomas with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.006 billion Courellians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leoncavallo. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Courellian economy, worth 813 trillion Courellian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 162,462 Courellian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, tours to see the 'wild men of the mountains' are popular with tourists from the big cities, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime is totally unknown. Courelli's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Courelli was endorsed by The Republic of Granite Coast.
- : Courelli voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Courelli voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Courelli endorsed The Republic of Leoland 2.
- : Courelli was endorsed by The Republic of Leoland 2.
- : Courelli endorsed The Free Collective of Clayworth.
- : Courelli's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Courelli was endorsed by The Free Collective of Clayworth.
- : Courelli was endorsed by The United States of The Nation of Lakota.
- : Courelli lodged a message on the Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Typica, East Gondwana, Harndon, Vancovaria, Kanoria, Omerica, Hirematia, North American Republics, Moneytonn, Anaaxes, Cras Nova, Reyo, Cockosonne, Jyskmark, Dialectica, Ivory Rhodes, Vageslavia, CrowMagic, Bramley Garden, Helvurium, The State Of Candor, Daiken, Plzen, Dalvadia, Kwaccestan, Soyo Vax, Paschimbanga, Khrysa, Lesliei, Silverfish37, Lawattsia, Castillecrest, Mare Nectaris, The Nation of Lakota, Clayworth, Leoland 2, and Granite Coast.