The Commonwealth of Country Texas is a tiny, efficient nation, notable for its burgeoning American Alligator population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 18 million Minutemen live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.7%.
The very strong Texan economy, worth 1.10 trillion US Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 61,261 US Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 177,419 per year while the poor average 16,763, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs, military spending is on the increase, and marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Country Texas's national animal is the American Alligator, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Country Texas's influence in Texas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Country Texas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Country Texas's influence in Texas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Country Texas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Country Texas's influence in Texas rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Country Texas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Country Texas endorsed The Progressive Union of Seeker Alpha.
- : Country Texas endorsed The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas.
- : Country Texas was endorsed by The Progressive Union of Seeker Alpha.
- : Country Texas's influence in Texas rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".