|Capital||Country of CityTowne City|
The Dictatorship of Country of CityTowne is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 472 million easily manipulated citizens are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Country of CityTowne City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.7%.
The frighteningly efficient CityTownian economy, worth 62.9 trillion CCTCS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 133,288 CCTCS, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 868,541 per year while the poor average 8,104, a ratio of 107 to 1.
Government popup ads are springing up like weeds, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and hotels often double as quarantine zones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Country of CityTowne's national animal is the Axolotl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Country of CityTowne, hotels often double as quarantine zones.
- : Following new legislation in Country of CityTowne, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Country of CityTowne, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Country of CityTowne was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Country of CityTowne, government popup ads are springing up like weeds.
- : Country of CityTowne was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Following new legislation in Country of CityTowne, theft is considered to be okay if the crime happened a long time ago.
- : Country of CityTowne was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Following new legislation in Country of CityTowne, people have become comfortably numb.
- : Following new legislation in Country of CityTowne, a popular CityTownian saying is 'wishing upon a fallen jet engine'.
Endorsements Received: 67 » North Emestia, ShrewLlamaLand, Shronok, Regna Loreau, Winter Gulley, Jocospor, Shiya, Vlamms Statt, Imperiium, Ruthlessnia, Marthuania, Yraipotnoj, The great Beaver, Agraveth, Grouberdastchereichenstag, The Souless Damned, Andoros, Maarmetland, Scherzinger, Comein, Merconitonitopia, Tertania, Redluin, Apermania, Inferno Drake, American Pere Housh, Holy Barracuda, Slavokian, Nazilore, Neo Garden of Eden, Sparkvernia, United Communes of Chile, 1ndependentSystems, Iokath, Mighty Tropico, Evanigrad, Ukraniumstan, Kazakah, The Grand Empire of Kertha, Doerbach, Ugria, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Goldenfront, Barovie, USA Murrica, Valvoa, Vaktaria, Branalia, Fetra, Vinitas, and 17 others.Blutiges Imperium, MineLegotia and Equestria, RavenShade, Walrusmart, East Paraminia, Terra de Combattimento, Union of Andor, Atlanndria, Kushrum, Coalora, Alpes a Septentrionali imperium, Wilhelms, Castelia, Esvarstan, Antmound, Refarria, and Shoezone.