The Republic of Cottag is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 825 million Cottagians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Honig. The average income tax rate is 68.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Cottagian economy, worth 32.5 trillion libras a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,336 libras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Artists are pillars of society, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII', and city workers have declared that rolling markets aren't good for business after all. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cottag's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cottag was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Engales and Southern Ireland.
- : Cottag was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Cottag was endorsed by The Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Following new legislation in Cottag, city workers have declared that rolling markets aren't good for business after all.
- : Cottag voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Following new legislation in Cottag, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'.
- : Cottag was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Elitestland.
- : Cottag was endorsed by The Republic of Sienkahn.
- : Following new legislation in Cottag, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Cottag was endorsed by The Federation of Shagolaa.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Viciebskaja, Republic of Satherland, Saint Domingo, The New Nordic Union, Apabeossie, Troltovia, Irminsulia, Thracia and Crimea, Greate San Marino, Jim the Baptist, Thracia Republic, Slavonia and Srijem, Yahlia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Northern German Federation, Kenmoria WA Mission, Super Happy Land, Outer Sparta, The Champions League, The Seven Provinces, Slavorussia, An Clar, Feria-Alkaline, Imperium Anglorum, Gingera, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Elisabethshagen, Alsted, Nardin, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, Free Furentenia, The Kingdom of Denmark, WaffleEmpire, Supcotia, Permorania, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Aura Banitia, Mantcor, Walfo, Regnum Italiae, Fearann nan Albannaich, Porury, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, and 12 others.Lord Sapre, Enway, Rijland, Neuchateau, Einswenn, Brakanistan, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Kanokla, Continental Social Democrats, and Engales and Southern Ireland.