The Democratic Republic of Costa Hermosa is a massive, safe nation, ruled by El Presidente with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.228 billion Costa Hermosans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of El Libertador. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Costa Hermosan economy, worth 766 trillion Ameroes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 181,208 Ameroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The constant playing of Merry Birthday on Costa Hermosan radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity, the optimally efficient parking strategy for business commuters is referred to as the "traveling salesman problem", CH-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, and 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Costa Hermosa's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Sophia rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Sophia rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Sophia rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Sophia rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Sophia rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Sophia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Sophia rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Costa Hermosa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Costa Hermosa endorsed The Self-Administrative City of Tinhampton.
- : Costa Hermosa was endorsed by The Self-Administrative City of Tinhampton.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Tinhampton.