The United Mayan Confederation of Costa Hermosa is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by High Chief with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.167 billion Costa Hermosans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tikal. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Costa Hermosan economy, worth 584 trillion Ameroes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 184,404 Ameroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community, Costa Hermosa is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Tikal Times is sold out, and solving crossword puzzles requires fluency in at least five languages. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Costa Hermosa's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Mayan religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Costa Hermosa became WA Delegate of Praecolumbianas.
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Praecolumbianas rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- : Costa Hermosa endorsed The Confederacy of The Muisca.
- : The Confederacy of The Muisca renamed the office held by Costa Hermosa from "Nacom/Supreme Military Commander" to "Supreme Military Commander" in Praecolumbianas.
- : Costa Hermosa was endorsed by The Confederacy of The Muisca.
- : The Confederacy of The Muisca renamed the office held by Costa Hermosa from "Advisor of Interior Affairs" to "Nacom/Supreme Military Commander" in Praecolumbianas.
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Praecolumbianas fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Costa Hermosa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Costa Hermosa, solving crossword puzzles requires fluency in at least five languages.
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in Praecolumbianas rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Muisca.