The Republic of Costa Guana is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 147 million Costa Guanans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.0%.
The strong Costa Guanan economy, worth 6.89 trillion pesos a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Gambling. Average income is 46,903 pesos, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 360,671 per year while the poor average 1,633, a ratio of 220 to 1.
Crime is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Costa Guana's national animal is the Anadean Condor, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Costa Guana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Costa Guana's influence in Eurth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Costa Guana's influence in Eurth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Costa Guana published "The Secret History of Costaguana" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Costa Guana's influence in Eurth rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Costa Guana lodged a message on the Eurth Regional Message Board.
- : Costa Guana's influence in Eurth rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Costa Guana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector, Most Extensive Civil Rights, Most Extreme, Highest Drug Use, and Most Politically Free.
- : Costa Guana relocated from Earth to Eurth.
- : Costa Guana relocated from The Pacific to Earth.