The People's Confederation of Cosrikia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Worker's Council with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, ban on automobiles, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.149 billion Cosriiks love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 88.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cosrikian economy, worth 174 trillion Labour Vouchers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 81,256 Labour Vouchers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Workers for the environmental protection agency are patted down for tartar sauce every morning, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, and citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cosrikia's national animal is the Puma, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Public Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cosrikia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Terragone.
- : Cosrikia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Cosrikia, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Cosrikia, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Cosrikia, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries.
- : Cosrikia was endorsed by The Community of TryingToBeTrueCommunism.
- : Following new legislation in Cosrikia, workers for the environmental protection agency are patted down for tartar sauce every morning.
- : Cosrikia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Cosrikia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II".
- : Cosrikia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Politics Amino".
Endorsements Received: 12 » Kethania, Alangrad, Tekaroe Islands, Shamian, Banduin, Uinted Communist of Africa, BurningPhoenix, United Guardian and Worker Republics, Vulga, Stalin Lands, TryingToBeTrueCommunism, and Terragone.