|Leader||High Priest Von Neumann|
The Nihilistic Theocracy of Cosmic Unity Church is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by High Priest Von Neumann with an iron fist, and renowned for its aversion to nipples, fear of technology, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.731 billion Cosmicolics are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Spirituality, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Education and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eden City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14.8%.
The thriving Cosmitolic economy, worth 186 trillion Aurums a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 107,621 Aurums, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 762,695 per year while the poor average 5,068, a ratio of 150 to 1.
Aggressive promotion of global warming puts polar bears on thin ice, fathers are free to sell their daughters to whomever they choose, the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it, and cleaners are very careful not to bump into the big red button on High Priest Von Neumann's desk. Crime is a serious problem, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Cosmic Unity Church's national animal is the Sea Leviathan, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Animistic Nihilism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cosmic Unity Church, cleaners are very careful not to bump into the big red button on High Priest Von Neumann's desk.
- : Cosmic Unity Church voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Cosmic Unity Church voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Cosmic Unity Church voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Cosmic Unity Church was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Cosmic Unity Church applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "New Iudea (Alt-Canon / MT) (WIP)" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Cosmic Unity Church was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Cosmic Unity Church, the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it.
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "New Iudea" (Account: Other).
Endorsements Received: None.