The Free Land of Corydo is a massive, safe nation, ruled by TM with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.375 billion Corydoians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winchester. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Corydoan economy, worth 342 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 144,096 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Body doubles and armed bodyguards escort witnesses to and from courtrooms, bris parties are all the rage, most barbers are also surgeons, and stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Corydo's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Dakota.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend.
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, most barbers are also surgeons.
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, body doubles and armed bodyguards escort witnesses to and from courtrooms.
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, Phoenix is one of the most popular forenames in Corydo.
- : Corydo was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Corydo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Corydo, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Kantobliv, Krackovja, Druing, Libate, Saxemburg, Red Draconia, South Acadia, Linckao, Stateazar, The German Kaiserliche Union, Lucidum, Naasiat Nuna, Neo-Arctica, Erycina, Kongers, Waroklion, Auxitania, Kingdom of Sacento, Blurabling, Fortuna Union, Multonia, Vastronia, The Southeast Earth, Ninrook, Fusco, Drawception, S2p1729, Neo-0ttoman, Jdjdjd, The Doge Clan, Olinalism, Asdersland, Dusendord, Prorescia, Spoela, Zion Imperium, Lyranna, Unidid Statates, Northern Blue Star, Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro, and Zemona.