The Democratic Republic of Cortlandt Manor is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Boxer with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.873 billion Cortlandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westchester. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The all-consuming Cortlandt Manorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,492 trillion Spennies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 115,910 Spennies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and the nation's laws on image rights are amongst the strictest in the world. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cortlandt Manor's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cortlandt Manor, the nation's laws on image rights are amongst the strictest in the world.
- : Cortlandt Manor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Cortlandt Manor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Cortlandt Manor, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Cortlandt Manor endorsed The Awkward Adages of Geektopia.
- : Cortlandt Manor was endorsed by The Awkward Adages of Geektopia.
- : Cortlandt Manor endorsed The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Cortlandt Manor was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Cortlandt Manor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Cortlandt Manor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
Endorsements Received: 81 » Mousebumples, Voxum Mortalum, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Elizabeth II Windsor, Akeland, Raghallaigh, Wollastonite, Le Libertia, Benthamania, Spudlandia, Woodleland, Free Rosabell, Almendron, Estanglia, Trackeendy, Arqhua, Liberepublia, Genistan, Brickfield, Corbien, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Yugarritia, Poquaoi, Polgaria, Eumenides, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Lethen, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Utopian Earth, Ajaccino, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Gabingston, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Pakistan 55, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, and 31 others.Penlopa, Leuxas, Sablania, New France Republic, Royal Alchemia, Barcelona and Girona, Pygania, P0ptr0pica, Ganud, Pland Adanna, The Democratic Peoples, Euramericasia, Waluigi4Smash, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Fruitful, Cyberpunk, Sudmar Island, The Republic of IceIceJay, The Lost Men, Tarkovinia, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Laudesia, Tital Mania, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, and Geektopia.