The Federation of Cort is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 379 million Cortians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 6.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cortian economy, worth 30.1 trillion Soliduses a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 79,371 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard, arbitration is mightier than the sword, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards, and prank shows are so hot right now. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Cort's national animal is the Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cort was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, prank shows are so hot right now.
- : Cort voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in Cort, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Cort was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Erinor, Holota, Tsunamy, New Itomorii, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, The Altan, Bleakfoot, Treir, Tepertopia, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, PenguinPies, Seythennia, Levistian, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Farengeto, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Yeses, LadyRebels, and Ipugao.