The Republic of Cornered is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its ritual sacrifices, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 4.237 billion Corneredians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 51.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Corneredian economy, worth 136 trillion pounds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 32,209 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, no animal is considered endangered if there's another that looks kind of like it, and employees who skip lunch to avoid sub-par cafeteria food risk getting fired. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cornered's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cornered's influence in International Socialism rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Cornered resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Cornered became WA Delegate of International Socialism.
- : Cornered's influence in International Socialism rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Cornered relocated from Kewra to International Socialism.
- : Cornered relocated from Artificial Solar System to Kewra.
- : Cornered was endorsed by The Republic of Vara 55.
- : Cornered was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire XXXIX.
- : Cornered endorsed The Republic of Makasta and the defenders.
- : Cornered endorsed The Republic of Vara 55.