|Leader||Iain M Banks|
The Commonwealth of Coreras is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Iain M Banks with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 16.864 billion Corerasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bristol. The average income tax rate is 4.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Corerasian economy, worth a remarkable 3,827 trillion Marks a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 226,965 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation, cooking with water and baking soda is considered patent infringement, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Coreras's national animal is the Wyvern, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Coreras was endorsed by The Secular Fascist Republic of of Secular States of the Philippines.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, cooking with water and baking soda is considered patent infringement.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Coreras was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and the Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, mothers drive their college-graduate children to work.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Earth Federation, Slaytania, Tzo, The Soylent Green Party, Seranis, Rex Republic, Snoozing Buffalax, Hacame, Mystiquelle, Achiotopia, Iontan, Testa, Beiluxia, Grungerock, FreeGunsForAll, Zyrcrestia, Spncrgmn, Anfuhrer, Blogotopia, Osea Island, Weaubleau, Kokkinostan, Manlinesslavia, Wysrod, Zeklandia, Dimensionals, Lamborghini Murcielago, The Tasmanian Islands, Zeganas, Palman, Perzische Keizer, Oom, Colonel Terrosit, Seantonia, HN67, Khon, Chip Skylark, Spiritbw, Kyrizstanislav, Phrados, Anollasia, Grimlandia, The Dwemmer, Creeptopia, DunNaGall, NorthernMassachusetts, Better Indonesia, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Edorask, United Socialists of the Highest Power, and 47 others.LiberationVille, Tijdtevelia, Kilenel, Jobsteria, Rabbitomia, Evil Dictators Happyland, Free Carolinas, American Republic of Independent States, Newplacelandia, The Iron Crown Order, BNL Corporation, LimpBizkit, Maddinville, Roisin Dubh, Serlone, Datland, Karlando, Eeumeria, Dominion Of Compassion, Casyra, Emanian Republic, Sygnafylki, Unwo, Syvie, Dustwind, Czechppines, Ferte, UNpoopburg, The Biggles Syndicate, Isentran, Novegia, Hellei, Kebecois, Valcour, Bestburg, Psolick, Puffandria, Faulknaria, Mostly Idiots, Saarwald, Wealth and Peace, Realtra Oighear, Alemputo, Junnland, A Sorta Fairytale, Forminera, and Secular States of the Philippines.