The Commonwealth of Coreras is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Iain Banks with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 15.219 billion Corerasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bristol. The average income tax rate is 58.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Corerasian economy, worth a remarkable 3,483 trillion Marks a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 228,860 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, the government is lending a hand to private industry, and robosexual marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Coreras's national animal is the Wyvern, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Coreras was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Coreras was endorsed by The Dragon Master of Sacred Toast.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, robosexual marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, the government is lending a hand to private industry.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Coreras endorsed The Naked Nation of The Mindsweep.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
Endorsements Received: 91 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Earth Federation, Slaytania, Tzo, The Soylent Green Party, Seranis, Rex Republic, Snoozing Buffalax, Hacame, United Governments of Newrope, Mystiquelle, Achiotopia, Iontan, Onarii, Testa, Kelvinski, The Separatist Land of RM, Beiluxia, Grungerock, FreeGunsForAll, Zyrcrestia, Zaqaz Death, Puerto Barrio, Spncrgmn, Anfuhrer, Blogotopia, Bullintine, Osea Island, Weaubleau, Kokkinostan, Manlinesslavia, Wysrod, Zeklandia, Dimensionals, Cardini, Lamborghini Murcielago, The Tasmanian Islands, Zeganas, A Death Arena, Palman, Perzische Keizer, Leirkra, Siuts, Oom, Colonel Terrosit, Seantonia, HN67, The Republic of The Sith, Khon, Folanos, and 41 others.Chip Skylark, Spiritbw, Kyrizstanislav, Myopic, Phrados, Anollasia, Grimlandia, The Dwemmer, Creeptopia, DunNaGall, Gentletopia, Fahistan, Venkorata, NorthernMassachusetts, Europe Inc, Mannche, Better Indonesia, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Hazah, Edorask, Those against abusers, United Socialists of the Highest Power, Nottingham-Lincoln, United States of Zeb, Flezzola, Tabbertonia, LiberationVille, Isla Dragon, Craven States, Tijdtevelia, Chad9, Kilenel, Ameralt, Markanite, The Starlight Islands, Wheydia, Jobsteria, Carbrabukka, Lexomia, New Sanjay, and Sacred Toast.