|Leader||Vicente Orsier II|
The Peoples Goverment of Corcation is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Vicente Orsier II with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 15.568 billion Corcationians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Citadel. The average income tax rate is 89.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Corcationian economy, worth 666 trillion Crocas a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,824 Crocas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
There's no cure or sympathy for the common cold, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning, and politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Corcation's national animal is the Palas Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Corcation's influence in Empire of Oceania rose from "Minnow" to "Negotiator".
- : Corcation relocated from Balder to Empire of Oceania.
- : Corcation was refounded in Balder.
- : Corcation ceased to exist in Empire of Oceania.
- : Corcation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Corcation lodged a message on the Empire of Oceania Regional Message Board.
- : Corcation's influence in Empire of Oceania rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Corcation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Corcation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Corcation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.