The Imperial Main Province of Copenhagen Metropolis is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Imperial Council with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 15.502 billion Copenhageners are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Environment and Spirituality not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vega. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Copenhagen Metropolisian economy, worth a remarkable 7,419 trillion Kroner a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 478,596 Kroner, with the richest citizens earning 9.6 times as much as the poorest.
Children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job, military spending is on the increase, and most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Copenhagen Metropolis's national animal is the Elephant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Copenhagen Metropolis, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry.
- : Following new legislation in Copenhagen Metropolis, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Copenhagen Metropolis, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job.
- : Copenhagen Metropolis endorsed The Socialist Free Land of Vendettium.
- : Copenhagen Metropolis endorsed The Dominion of Nikklund.
- : Copenhagen Metropolis endorsed The Celtic Federation of Hardyana.
- : Copenhagen Metropolis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Nuclear Armaments".
- : Following new legislation in Copenhagen Metropolis, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Copenhagen Metropolis was endorsed by The Socialist Free Land of Vendettium.
- : Copenhagen Metropolis lodged a message on the Nordic Lands Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Larsovania, Caspersland, Ziltoidia Greys, Scanorama, Vulkanas, Aboveland, Trez-Nem, The Former Municipality of Ringerike, Asterdel, Aarhustan, Chiselstrait, Rolven, Sorlovia, Bienvia, Aarnivalkea, Eylandia, Svenskis, Sygnafylki, Norrariken, Dobrovsk, Athecate, Sorik, and Vendettium.