|Animal||MQ-9 Reaper Drone|
The Federal Republic of Contordia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 599 million Contordians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Discord. The average income tax rate is 23.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Contordian economy, worth 40.3 trillion Bottle Caps a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 67,195 Bottle Caps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs, the death penalty has been reintroduced, the new hit series "Contordia's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, and seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Contordia's national animal is the MQ-9 Reaper Drone, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Contordia was endorsed by The Holy Red Monster of Mon Island.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, the new hit series "Contordia's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Contordia was endorsed by The Constitutional Dicatatorship of Religioncord.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall.
- : Following new legislation in Contordia, the government says that Possession is nine-tenths of the Lore.
Endorsements Received: 134 » Votak Matim, Crusadam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Zzozona, Noria Prinefrikeslon, Hamerica, Orado, Hardscrabble, Siwale, Aerilia, Former English Colony, Notyoutopia, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Lulubellia, Navsland, Great Bights Mum, Koda-Land, Wineclaw, Ozstan, Empy, Odelinor, The Rhein States, Bankowiata, Aeolist, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Valentine Z, Yaorozu, Kazoo Basin, Heilhum Imperius, Guer Aike, Xipher, Andexia, Dar es Saalam, Republica Guilleana, Dreadton, Seijitsu, Slyakanya, Corfad, Kocherian, North Bratislava, Yellops, Sevinland, Climeria, Venicea, Colfes, Pytong, Selfgradatude, Interdimensional Zone, 1 very fast endotarter, and 84 others.The Tampa Bay Rays, New Lakemba, Joodey, Draconian Progression, Blyskalia, Kranostav, Pallaith, Sil Dorsett, Cretox State, Port Naga, Loutsland, Nodnarb, Kragsgale, Frances Francis the First of France, Pasargad, Sunto, Sundred, Holy Oranz, Darkmondoria, The Iron Lions, Omnistria, Svenskskit, The Pantheons, Ethnon, The Serdey Islands, Libertania Democratica, Bharathvarsh, Illusia and Neverendia, Fauzjhia, Sikol, Yokciq Empire, His Enduring Majesty, Xagill, Galbadiana, Xentherida, Maratabat, Star Kingdom, Dabarastan, Hyphen, Runeda, Ellbonnia, Planes, Imperial Pieserged, Madjack, Ravendi, Shadowrik, The Mazur Empire, El Fiji Grande, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Sachi, Daiz, Shinjuku tokyo 0, McMasterdonia, Moubarakistan, Chips and Guac, Wilkshire, Glurponia, Vesteysia, Barabolia, Svenskan, Francois Isidore, Aoncarpa, Valgarda, Kromi, Zemnaya Svoboda, Maott, Dangine, Travislavania, Questann, Lol2639, Siforpeo, Simone Republic, Super Girl, The Republic of Free Peoples, Tyirza, Figyjharli, BTProductions, Alexander the Magnus, Clan Spaniel, Xyrron, Aryan Homeland, Steampunk Ariel, Religioncord, and Mon Island.