The Department of Lost Nights of Consular is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Eli Onasi with an even hand, and remarkable for its digital currency, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, cheerful population of 13.315 billion Conites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Administration and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vigil. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Conite economy, worth a remarkable 2,262 trillion Credits a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 169,957 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop, short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned, and the nation's biggest export is stupidity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Consular's national animal is the Atlantic Sailfish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Antitheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Consular was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Consular was endorsed by The Kingdom of Nikolia.
- : Consular was endorsed by The Principality of British Hifax.
- : Consular endorsed The Commonwealth of Hindia Belanda.
- : Consular endorsed The United Communities of Mesoland.
- : Consular endorsed The Federal Republic of Zitru.
- : Consular endorsed The Kingdom of Nikolia.
- : Consular endorsed The Principality of British Hifax.
- : Consular was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Consular applied to join the World Assembly.