The Grand Admiral of Constantine Lambros is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Justinian Kalominos with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.46 billion Selenids hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byzantium. The average income tax rate is 90.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Selenid economy, worth 452 trillion Mals a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 82,830 Mals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, candidates celebrate "free speech" by spraying champagne all over anyone who shows up to a rally, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Constantine Lambros's national animal is the Bass, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Constantine Lambros was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Constantine Lambros was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Constantine Lambros's influence in Selene rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Constantine Lambros was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Constantine Lambros's influence in Selene rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Constantine Lambros's influence in Selene rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Constantine Lambros's influence in Selene rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Constantine Lambros was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Largest Governments.
- : Constantine Lambros lodged a message on the Selene Regional Message Board.
- : Constantine Lambros changed its national capital to "Byzantium", its demonym to "Selenid", its demonym adjective to "Selenid", its demonym plural to "Selenids", its leader to "Justinian Kalominos", and its nation type to "Grand Admiral".