The Republic of Conservative Nations is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.009 billion Conservatives are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Spirituality are also considered important, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.1%.
The very strong Conservative Nationsian economy, worth 272 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 68,073 Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 296,684 per year while the poor average 9,877, a ratio of 30.0 to 1.
Mournful opera fans place bouquets of roses at a 3000 capacity parking lot, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper, drug lords often avoid prison time by teaching "chemistry" classes to underprivileged youth, and politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Conservative Nations's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Conservative Nations published "Book of Laws" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Conservative Nations published "RCN Dispatches Index" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Conservative Nations published "List of Administrators" (Factbook: History).
- : Conservative Nations published "Government of the Republic" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Conservative Nations published "Law Library" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Conservative Nations published "Citizenship Roll of the RCN" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Conservative Nations changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- : Following new legislation in Conservative Nations, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return.
- : Conservative Nations was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Conservative Nations published "Executive Orders" (Factbook: Legislation).