|Leader||Governor James Caron|
The Commonwealth of Confederate Virginia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Governor James Caron with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.445 billion Virginians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Spirituality, Public Transport, and Education are also considered important, while Environment and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Richmond. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.6%.
The thriving Virginian economy, worth 287 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Average income is 64,572 Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 242,418 per year while the poor average 12,014, a ratio of 20.2 to 1.
Televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, and Governor James Caron has just been declared ruler of Confederate Virginia in an international press conference. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Confederate Virginia's national animal is the Cardinal, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Confederate Virginia established the regional flag of Hunley Confederacy.
- : Confederate Virginia relocated from The Arctic to Hunley Confederacy.
- : Confederate Virginia founded the region Hunley Confederacy.
- : Confederate Virginia relocated from Hunley Confederacy to The Arctic.
- : Confederate Virginia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Confederate Virginia's influence in Hunley Confederacy rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Confederate Virginia lost WA Delegate status in Hunley Confederacy.
- : Confederate Virginia password-protected Hunley Confederacy.
- : Confederate Virginia altered the regional flag of Hunley Confederacy.
- : Confederate Virginia updated the World Factbook entry in Hunley Confederacy.