The Communist Utopia of Communist-Catland is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Cat Cat with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The humorless population of 2.129 billion Communist-Catlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Catland City. The average income tax rate is 62.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Communist-Catlandian economy, worth 196 trillion Food Stamps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 92,208 Food Stamps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many marriages go virtually unconsummated, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals, and theft is considered to be okay if the crime happened a long time ago. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Communist-Catland's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cat-a-meow.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Communist-Catland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Communist-Catland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Communist-Catland, theft is considered to be okay if the crime happened a long time ago.
- : Following new legislation in Communist-Catland, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals.
- : Following new legislation in Communist-Catland, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs.
- : Following new legislation in Communist-Catland, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Communist-Catland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Communist-Catland was endorsed by The Principality of Freavia.
- : Communist-Catland was endorsed by The Insane Zombie Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : Communist-Catland was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Purple Hyacinth, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Tughampton, New Briantown, Zataras, Erinor, Wehraboos, Amerion, Farengeto, PenguinPies, Tepertopia, Andinla, Rebel-topia, Ebonhand, Aumeltopia, Treir, Kandorith, Volaworand, Synarion, Belschaft, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Auphelia, Wallechi, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wakandan Tribes, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Eskvenn, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, and 7 others.Gonrati, New Belgrade, Dai Han, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Freavia, and Ipugao.