The Vyutsk lives on of CommSec is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 3.217 billion CommSecians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 56.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish CommSecian economy, worth 64.5 trillion currencies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 20,039 currencies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. CommSec's national animal is the animal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CommSec's influence in Conifer rose from "Squire" to "Hermit".
- : CommSec's influence in Conifer rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : CommSec's influence in Conifer rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : CommSec's influence in Conifer rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : CommSec updated the World Factbook entry in Conifer.
- : CommSec agreed to construct embassies between Conifer and Evergreen Conifer.
- : CommSec lodged a message on the Conifer Regional Message Board.
- : The Collective of the Species of Gallaton granted Border Control and Embassies authority to CommSec and renamed the office from "Regional Commissioner" to "Region Holder" in Conifer.
- : The Collective of the Species of Gallaton appointed CommSec as Regional Commissioner with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in Conifer.
- : CommSec altered its national flag.