The Nation of Commonwealth of Baker Park is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Michael Gregson with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.842 billion Baker Parkers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belle Haven. The average income tax rate is 89.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Commonwealth of Baker Parker economy, worth 413 trillion pound sterlings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 107,687 pound sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century, the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots, and the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Commonwealth of Baker Park's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park published "A-One Four Five--Pt 1" (Account: Other).
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park published "Latitude--Pt 12 (conclusion)" (Account: Other).
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park published "Latitude--Pt 11" (Account: Other).
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park published "Latitude--Pt 10" (Account: Other).
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park published "Assembly Move Forward on 3T, Stadium" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Commonwealth of Baker Park, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park published "Latitude--Pt 9" (Account: Other).
- : Commonwealth of Baker Park was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
Endorsements Received: None.