The Reaving Skallywag of Commodore Badger is a massive, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 3.61 billion Bad MFers love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Commodore Badgerian economy, worth 117 trillion Francos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 32,627 Francos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, the nation solves other countries' human rights problems with a generous dose of violence, shivering secretaries type letters under torrential downpours in open-roof offices, and Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Commodore Badger's national animal is the Parrot, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Commodore Badger was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Commodore Badger resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Commodore Badger voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Public Access to Court Records".
- : Commodore Badger was endorsed by The Holy Green Easter Egg of Tretrid.
- : Commodore Badger was endorsed by The Holy Futuristic Monarchy of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Commodore Badger was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Someseni.
- : Commodore Badger voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Commodore Badger voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Commodore Badger was endorsed by The Φnιtεd Εmpιδε of Pεδεgδιnιɒ of East Malaysia.
- : Commodore Badger lost the endorsement of The Grand Vizier of Dragons Blood.