The Democratic Republic of Combin is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, soft-spoken computers, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.167 billion Combinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 58.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Combinian economy, worth 72.0 trillion Wills a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 61,693 Wills, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Combin's national animal is the Ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Combin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Combin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Combin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Combin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Combin was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Combin ceased to exist in Enadia.
- : Combin was endorsed by The United States of Laudistan.
- : Combin voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kyrusia".
- : Combin voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Unjust Warfare".
- : Following new legislation in Combin, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.