|Animal||wolf in mouse clothing|
The Bourgeois Liberals of Collatis is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ed Miliband with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.504 billion Collasians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Collatia. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Collasian economy, worth a remarkable 1,877 trillion counoes a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 163,161 counoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, the government seizes all major gold finds, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, and the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction. Crime is totally unknown. Collatis's national animal is the wolf in mouse clothing, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Collatis's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Collatis's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Collatis was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Collatis ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Collatis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Collatis's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Collatis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Collatis's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Collatis's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Collatis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.